Workspaces downtime

Hi all,

Please be aware that the Workbench team will conduct a scheduled maintenance that will result in service outage. The outage is expected on Mon, 10th May at 11:00-12:30 BST for US, 16:00 - 17:30 BST for EU, and 17:00-18:30 BST for UK Workspaces.

Downtime is likely to be less than 1h 30min, that is a worst case scenario.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Ned

2 Likes

Hi @nrad,

Checking up with you.
I’m writing this post on May 10th, 15h15 BST time.

Is the US server back online or is the maintenance taking longer than anticipated? :hammer_and_wrench:

While logged in, I select the US workbench and get a error 500 or sometimes a 400 errorimage

EDIT: It seems like my VPN was causing an issue here. It used to work before. :thinking:

Anyways, if anyone encounters problems connecting to the workbench post-maintenance, try disabling your VPN! :white_check_mark:

Hi Michael,

The deploy did not go as planned. I am surprised you accessed the hub at all. We are investigating. I will probably issue a new statement soon.

I am sorry for the problem.

Regards,
Ned

1 Like

oh, lol. :sweat_smile:
well, I literally, 4 seconds ago, just hit “Run All Cells” on my jupyter-lab.

ok, will keep an eye out for an update. :+1:

Hi Michael,

The deploy is now successfully complete. You should not have any more issues.

Please let me know if you do.

Regards,
Ned

3 Likes

Hi, I’m unable to access my workspace (dc-mar21-us-135). I just get a blank page when i try to access it.

Hi @amrit_krishnan,

It was probably not related to the upgrade downtime. That was complete about 2 hours before you sent this message.

Do you still have this problem? I tried that workspace dew minutes ago and it worked fine for me (I am admin for all workspaces).

Regards,
Ned

Hi @nrad, thanks for checking. Its strange, i get the blank white screen on chrome. but just tried on safari and it loads ok. Might be some recent chrome update thats maybe having some issues with the VDI.

Hi @nrad,

The Workspace is working properly. But, all the datasets under /ds_shared_drive are not available any more. Could you please check it? We will not be able to submit without those datasets.

1 Like

Confirming I am having this same issue.

1 Like

Hi @Li-Der and @nlevin,

Thank you for letting me know. Under investigation.

UPDATE: We think we know what the problem is. It should be resolved shortly.

Regards,
Ned

Hi @Li-Der and @nlevin,

It should be fixed now.

Ned

2 Likes

Hi @nrad,

The problem is fixed now. Thank you for your quick response.

Regards,
Li-Der

1 Like