Week 4 leaderboard New prizes…and more!
I am quite excited to report that this week we saw 40% growth in the number of people in the market! And I’m sure, that number is only going to accelerate!
Today, I have three updates for you:
- New functionality regarding your feedback, and picking your leaderboard models
- Announcement of our community engagement prizes
- A note on model determinism and unrealistic prices
1 Viewing your market feedback
From this week onward your weekly feedback is viewable directly on the leaderboard. Just click on “view” next to your leaderboard submission.
Just click on “view” next to your leaderboard submission.
Note: If you do not see yourself on the leaderboard and expected to do so, please comment here with your submission ID and we will figure it out.
2 Picking your weekly leaderboard models
From now on, you can use the shiny new interface that the team has created to pick your weekly submission for profit leaderboard. Many of you have already done so
Note: This means that the previous form will be de-activated from today.
Community engagement prizes!
We have secured some cool new prizes for the community. Check out the post below
Model determinism and unrealistic prices
1 Model determinism
Sometimes, participant models include random number generation when predicting prices. This means that if we re-run a set of markets, the outcomes will be ever-so-slightly different. Therefore starting from this week:
- We are going to be seeding all of your random number generators upon evaluation
- We will run a check by producing prices twice and checking if they match. If they don’t we’ll let you know so you can see what is going on.
2 Negative prices and extreme values
Sometimes models produce negative prices or very extreme prices (in the 100,000 of Euros). While this is not disallowed, it might be worth checking for these in your models since it can really skew your results.
The pricing game team