SnakeCLEF how to submit, when and how many?

Hi,
we like to take part in round 4 as a Team in SnakeCLEF, unfortunately there is no precise information about the procedure given. So we have to ask some questions. We are registered and did some test submission with the starter package, this worked but the results for 5 different runs are all the same. Is the submission already active? How are the rules for SnakeCLEF, can we submit already now or is the procedure for SnakeCLEF different to the AICrowd system? When is the test set active and when do we need to submit our results for SnakeCLEF?

The next question is, how many models can we submit for SnakeCLEF or do you take the best 5 from all submissions?

best regards

Christoph M. Friedrich

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for contacting us.
As I was participating the CLEF already I know what you are talking about. I know what exactly confused you.

We are currently looking into this and I will let you know once I will know the answer.
Hopefully later today.

Best,
Lukas

Dear Christoph,

after our discussion with CLEF organizers followed by our internal one, we decided to keep
the “Kaggle like” submission workflow.

That means:

• You are allowed to submit maximum of 5 submission per day
  • Any submission after 5 June 2020 wont accepted for CLEF
  • Whole evaluation is done on our servers without any access to the “test set”.

Kind Regards,
Lukas

Hi,
when is the SnakeCLEF Deadline 5 June 2020, but at what time? Is it AOE or End-of-day UTC?

with best regards
Christoph

Dear Christoph,

To my best knowledge, the deadline is 5th of June 12:00 UTC (2pm CEST).

Best,
Lukas

i have feared this a bit, but no worries - we have to use the time wisely.

Thanks for your support.

Christopöh

Do failed submissions count to the 5 submissions rule or are they not counted?

with best regards

Christoph

Hi @christophmf,

Failed ones are being counted toward the submission limit in this challenge as of now (based on challenge configuration).

We can check up with organizers in case we want to consider X failed submissions not to be part of the daily submission limit. (cc: @picekl in case you can confirm it with Rafael)

This is fine for us now, but i recommend to chage this and make it pulic.

with best regards

Christoph M. Friedrich

Could you please confirm this? Couple of CLEF challenges end at 23:59 UTC. BirdCLEF ends at 12:00 UTC.

Thanks,
Gokul.

@gokuleloop @christophmf

Dear participants, we have decided to postponed the deadline by 12hours to 23:59 UTC.

Lukas

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Lukas has already posted the time for Snakes challenge, but I would like to add thanks for the feedback and we will make change to start displaying exact time + timezone on the website, so this don’t create confusion to other challenge/participants.

1 Like