RL Based Top Solution Missing?

Hi:

I am pretty sure that there was a solution tagged as โ€˜RLโ€™ that made it to the top with leaderboard score < -0.1. I no longer see it. Just curious, what might have happened to it? Not that I am complaining :slight_smile: just want to understand how high the score in pure RL based approach can go.

Also curious, as per the guidelines
The top three teams in the final round which use a reinforcement learning approach for their winning submission will be awarded one travel grant each.
Does it mean a pure multi-agent reinforcement learning approach or a hybrid approach, like mix of OR and RL (need to give it some thought on how to do it) be acceptable too? That would help me in focusing my efforts. Whether I should focus more on code efficiency (like last timeโ€™s winner using C++) or methodology experimentation?

I would really appreciate any guidance. Looking forward to your response.

Thanks
Student

Hey @student!

I am pretty sure that there was a solution tagged as โ€˜RLโ€™ that made it to the top with leaderboard score < -0.1. I no longer see it. Just curious, what might have happened to it? Not that I am complaining :slight_smile: just want to understand how high the score in pure RL based approach can go.

There was a bug in the evaluator which was allowing participants to โ€œskipโ€ to the next episode without finishing the current one :sweat_smile: That submission used that bug (without ill intent I believe), and as a result got a very high score (because very few penalties!), but it had very low done percentage:

The bug has been fixed and the submission re-evaluated.

Does it mean a pure multi-agent reinforcement learning approach or a hybrid approach, like mix of OR and RL (need to give it some thought on how to do it) be acceptable too?

A hybrid OR + RL approach does count as a reinforcement learning approach.

See here for more details: AI Tags - how to correctly indicate the methods you use in a submission?

1 Like

Thank you so much @MasterScrat