Recent changes to the StarterKit and Code Documentation
The post concerns recent changes and patches made to the starter kit. These patches deal with recent issues that contestants were facing, regarding: stability, metrics calculations, and agent initialisation. Additionally, camera configuration interfaces were optimised for simplicity, and codebase documentation was updated and extended. Some changes included in this patch necessitate re-evaluation of previous submissions, which may affect leaderboard ranking. See below.
- Simplified the camera interface code, for environment/simulator interaction.
- Added additional camera configurations for other sensors that are permitted for use during training.
- Resolved agent initialisation issues, related to yaw ambiguity; this corrects situations where agents re-spawned with incorrect orientation after failing track segments. Previously, this produced spurious results, where agents were assigned incorrect segment-completion metrics, during evaluation. This fix may affect leaderboard results.
- Provided additional agent tracking information, displayed on the console during training and evaluation.
- Revised code documentation, to incorporate recent inquiries:
- Environment description: https://learn-to-race.readthedocs.io/en/latest/env_overview.html
- Sensor configuration: https://learn-to-race.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sensors.html#creating-custom-sensor-configurations
- Getting started: https://learn-to-race.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html
- [Edit, 17 Jan 2022 16:26 ET]: Migrated Anglesey track map json file from the official L2R repo to the StarterKit
We hope participants find these changes helpful.
Participants are strongly encouraged to incorporate these changes, as soon as possible. In order to do this, please initiate a merge request, from the upstream repository to your respective forked repositories. https://gitlab.aicrowd.com/learn-to-race/l2r-starter-kit