Problem with submission separator

Hello,
In the evaluation py file the read_file reads the file as csv using sep=’\t’. In the information of the challenge it infers that the submission file should have the following format
|

I tried saving the file in a csv file format using ‘|’ (pipe) as separator but it returns with an error. Instead I tried with a \t (tab) and it reads it properly.

In which file format should we save our submissions? Which separator should we use?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

please use ‘|’ (pipe) as the separator in your submission files according to the submission instructions.

Kind regards,
Johannes

What is the submission file format ? (csv, txt or sth else)

The file is being read as CSV, but any plain text file corresponding to the submission format will work, the file ending does not matter.

Hello there again,
I tried saving in csv and plain txt with pipe as separator, but your evaluate-bleu.py script reads only with tab separated. I attach you the errors and the way the read_file function reads the submissions files.
The way I save the ImageID with Caption

The function

The error that I get, as it reads each line as a single element in an array

After that I changed the delimeter to pipe and everything is fine
Screenshot_105

Are you sure the script file of the challenge is the correct one?

Kind Regards,
Georgios

Hello Georgios,

you are right, the linked evaluation scripts were not up-to-date, sorry about that. I have now uploaded the actual evaluation code used on aicrowd (you might have to remove the header rows from the label files), please find the new links and explanation how to run the scripts on imageclef.org.

Kind regards,
Johannes

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification!

Kind Regards,
Georgios