IMPORTANT: Assistance with AD Workbench Workspaces

Hi all,

Welcome to ADDI Challenge and Workbench. My name is Ned I can help you with issues related to Workspaces, for example how to work in Virtual Desktops, use the filesystem, move or copy files and similar.

For help with copying files to make them available on Windows machine, I made a post about that, please see: Not able to get starter notebook

Questions related to submission process are not my forte though :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you need any help and tag me on your questions related to Workspaces.

Regards,
Ned

5 Likes

Hi Nrad,
I’ve few query -

1. Can we download data to perform the experiment locally, if yes then how?
  2. Any time quotas will be there in the ADDI workspace

Hi siddharth_singh8,

Sorry but participants are not allowed to download the data locally.

The challenge will last for 6 weeks starting on April 26th. After that you will have access to a Workspace for two more weeks, and then they will be decommissioned.

Regards,
Ned

2 Likes

Thank you for your quick reply, if I have to share my findings with community or team member like (Jupyter notebook or py files) then how can I do that?

1 Like

Hey @siddharth_singh8

You can make your entry for the Community contribution prize and stand a chance to win some pretty exciting prizes too!

Head over to the Notebooks tab on the challenge page and share your notebook with the community :smiley:

PS: Both AIcrowd website (www.aicrowd.com ) and the forums (discourse.aicrowd.com) are accessible from within the workspace.

Cheers,
Vrushank

2 Likes

hi
I am not able to use internet in the window virtual machine. Internet explorer is not opening any page. I want to switch to chrome but it is not opening any page, so that i can download the installer.

Hi aman_patkar,

Access to the internet is blocked by default. Only access to whitelisted sites is allowed, you can see a list of allowed sites here: https://portal.addi.ad-datainitiative.org/security

If you want to download another software to a VM, and download site is not whitelisted, you can download the executable to your local machine. Then add a file to workspace (see instructions here: https://knowledgebase.aridhia.io/article/uploading-files-via-the-workspace/#uploading-files-using-the-web-interface). At that point you can install the software to your VM - workspace filesystem is accessible from VMs as ‘/files’.

Regards,
Ned

I am not able to download anacondda in the vm. is this also blocked?

Anaconda download site is not blocked: https://repo.anaconda.com/archive/

You should be able to visit that site on the VM.

i am not able to locate ds_shared_drive. how to locate it and while doing cp it is saying ,command not found

The shared drive is on the Linux machine, in the root folder. ‘cp’ command is a Linux one and will not work on Windows. There are also instructions on where to find the shared drive and how to access workspace filesystem from VMs on the workspace homepage. Can you please read that as well?

1 Like

I am not able to locate it on windows. i am windows version of vm.

Hi aman_patkar,
I understood that, sorry it the previous message was not clear.
Please read the instructions on the workspace home page (README).
The shared drive is only accessible on Linux machine. You do not need to work on a Linux machine. But the data is shared through the Linux machine. You only need to enter the Linux desktop to copy the data from the shared drive to workspace files as described above. Then you can continue working on the Win VM.
Regards,
Ned

2 Likes

Hey, guys, I have applied for the Workbench Workspace for two days. However, until now I haven’t received the qualification to use the workspace. So I wonder how long do you wait for the permission?

1 Like

Hi @HZ1, check out this post in case you are waiting for more than 2 business days.

1 Like