Failed submission (failed to download aicrowd_gym)

Can someone from the AICrowd team take a look at one of my submissions (my most recent one)? I didn’t use the starterkit and made my own project structure. I am able to run docker_run.sh locally and do small round of validation to ensure the Docker and everything gets set up properly.

However, when I submitted my code, I got the following error at the top of the log during the inference section:

An error occurred when installing aicrowd-gym:

error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Building wheel for pyzmq (pyproject.toml) did not run successfully.

│ exit code: 1

╰─> [178 lines of output]

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/aicrowd_source/run.py", line 1, in <module>

from client_launcher import start_test_client

File "/aicrowd_source/client_launcher.py", line 3, in <module>

from aicrowd_gym.clients.zmq_oracle_client import ZmqOracleClient

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'aicrowd_gym'

The rest of the logs look like the docker gets built properly, but then it just starts unloading, without running inference.

I would try to do more debugging, but failed submissions count against our total submissions, so I would prefer not to burn through all of mine as they just reset.

@mitchelldehaven : It seems that installing some of our internal dependencies fail because of the changes you did to your Dockerfile (or apt.txt).

The key error seems to be:

creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/bundled/zeromq/src

g++ -pthread -B /home/aicrowd/.conda/compiler_compat -std=c++11 -pthread -B /home/aicrowd/.conda/compiler_compat -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -fPIC -O2 -isystem /home/aicrowd/.conda/include -fPIC -O2 -isystem /home/aicrowd/.conda/include -fPIC -DZMQ_HAVE_CURVE=1 -DZMQ_USE_TWEETNACL=1 -DZMQ_USE_EPOLL=1 -DZMQ_IOTHREADS_USE_EPOLL=1 -DZMQ_POLL_BASED_ON_POLL=1 -Ibundled/zeromq/include -Ibundled -I/home/aicrowd/.conda/include/python3.10 -c buildutils/initlibzmq.cpp -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/buildutils/initlibzmq.o

error: command 'g++' failed: No such file or directory

we expect that the docker image will have g++ installed, which you can do by ensuring build-essential is included in the apt installs here: AIcrowd

Best of luck