Error running simulator

I’m unable to run the simulator, irregard of whether I use openGL or Vulkan. Here’s a summary of the error: LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError
Malloc Size=72149 LargeMemoryPoolOffset=617941
Engine crash handling finished; re-raising signal 11 for the default handler. Good bye.

Any solutions around it? Is it a RAM issue?

2 Likes

It looks like some sort of RAM issue, as your “malloc” ( the system that manages your memory access ) is trying to get memory that your system might be unable to give. How much RAM does your system have? Personally, I’m barely able to make it work and I have 16GB of RAM.

Additionally, are you able to use the AWS credits? That should be relatively easy to setup with the guide I posted earlier this week.

1 Like

My system is 8 GB. Should I get an SSD?
As for the AWS credits, haven’t claimed those yet. Will do that soon once I’m done with this simulator issue.

2 Likes

Hmm - I’m not entirely sure if that will work. You would need to setup swap space to have the simulator run properly, which could work, but I’m not too familiar to say completely.

By the way - you don’t need to get the simulator to run to make a submission. I was able to get a submission in before I got the simulator working on my machine, and then with the credits you could just run all of your training code on AWS.

1 Like

That’s so helpful!! Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes