Happy new year and welcome back!
As the Solutioning phase of the DSAI Challenge comes to a close – I wanted to make sure we were aware of the process – and if there existed any questions, concerns or general panic:
Virtual Machines will be brought down starting Jan 13. All valuable files and data must be copied to the appropriate shared location or it will be lost forever.
- See here
- Please reach out now on the forums if there are concerns!
- Public view locked on 10th – EoB (6pm) EST
- Submissions will be re-run including the hold-out data. Your best submission will count – based on monitoring and discussions with AI Crowd we have not seen “gaming” with frequent submissions
- Therefore, Winning solutions will be under some scrutiny – i.e. if it looks like a statistical fluctuation from many submissions gave an edge, this will be taken into account and adjusted.
- And will consider other factors as well to differentiate between and acknowledge multiple top solutions.
Presentations should be ideally be placed into GIT by EoB Friday.
- Please reach out if you are having trouble or if you have questions with presentations or some extenuating circumstance.
- Please email me directly – some short grace period could be possible if we know in advance.
- Also we can post about getting files into git – don’t stress
- In general - are teams now ready with their presentations??
Hope everyone is feeling good about their solutions and presentation – looking through the code and discussions, it seems there are quite some interesting approaches!
Nick and team