Competition has ended

:steam_locomotive::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car:

The Flatland Competition has finsihed!!!

:partying_face: :champagne: :smiley: :beers:

!!Thank you for all the great submissions and contributions!!

:partying_face: :champagne: :smiley: :beers:

Dear Particpants

After alot of hard work and many bugfixings, submissions and amazing solutions the Flatland Challenge has come to an end. We would like to thank all of you for your great contributions, inputs, enthusiasm, time and energy you spent on this challenge.

We are currently looking into the leaderboard solutions and will contact and announce the winners of the competition as soon as possible.

What’s next?
After reviewing all solutions, selected participants will be invited to attend the AMLD2020 where results from this Challenge will be presented. Furthermore we will prepare a publication containing some of the solutions provided through the challenge (we will reach out to participants in the coming days).

At the AMLD2020 we will also give a larger update about Flatland and what is coming next.

Thank you again for your great contributions and stay tuned…

Best regards,
The Flatland Team

2 Likes

Thank you for the very nice competition!

I enjoyed participating in it and I have to say that by the end of the competition I still had multiple unexplored ideas for improving the solution quality (lack of time and motivation from the leaderboard prevented me from implementing them).

Furthermore we will prepare a publication containing some of the solutions provided through the challenge

Will this be a formal publication? If yes, will solution authors be recognized as co-authors?

1 Like

Hi @mugurelionut

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the competition and that there are still many unexplored ideas.

Yes we would like to make a formal publication. And yes the solutions will be co-authors as well. As soon as we have started the process we will reach out to all participants to be included in the publication.

In the coming days we will reach out to all top participants on the leaderboard to discuss the next steps.

Hope this helps for now.

Best regards,
Erik