Yes @michael_bordeleau I kept with the same claims model (which I’m now convinced underfits to the data) and reduced my profit load by approximately 5%. My market share went from 0.7% to 14.8% a level I’d be happy with but because my model doesn’t differentiate risk as well as others then I picked up too many claims, especially in the 5k to 10k bucket.
Overall I now think I’ve got a good handle on the right profit margin distribution. Now just have to tweak the underlying claims model.
Interesting to hear your comment on staying with your current model. I certainly won’t be going with my current one. The final week is very different to all that have gone before and that gives rise to the ability to use a new feature that is likely to be very predictive but which up until now no-one has been able to exploit…
