Aicrowd_gym ModuleNotFoundError

I received a ModuleNotFoundError for 'aicrowd_gym' for the demixing validation stage. The repo2docker image builds perfectly fine and runs the 'evaluate_locally.py' to demix and score my model. I wanted to know if this needs to be included in the requirements.txt (didn’t see it mentioned anywhere). Or is this a bug on the backend?

Additionally, are there any other packages that need to be included in the requirement.txt that are independent of my code to get the "/home/aicrowd/client_launcher.py" and other aicrowd files to function properly?

submission_hash : 550a89c373c1deb04f5a60cc90137e86ce0f9371

Error Message:

########################################
#  rollout-music-demixing-validation   #
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/aicrowd/client_launcher.py", line 3, in <module>

from aicrowd_gym.clients.zmq_oracle_client import ZmqOracleClient

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'aicrowd_gym'

@dipam @mohanty Thanks for looking into this!

UPDATE
I tried submitting again and included the 'aicrowd_gym' package in my requirements and came up with nearly the same result. I would like to avoid wasting any more submissions, so I will have to wait until this can be addressed.

It looks like some people (@subatomicseer @xav_c @kimberley_jensen @tushar_dhyani @clement_tabary) ran into a similar issue back in February per this thread. If anyone found a solution, please let me know. Thanks!

help@aicrowd.com won’t accept my emails per this error: “Whoops! Email address not associated with this ClickUp team.”

submission_hash : 2a36f4d3a0d3cbd89d3a89d93abe64900d37d03d

Error Message:

#  rollout-music-demixing-validation   #

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'aicrowd_gym.clients'

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'aicrowd_gym.clients'

@crlandsc

When i had the issue i just forked a new page from the starter kit made the changes for my code and models and then it worked. AIcrowd / Challenges / Sound Demixing Challenge 2023 / SDX 2023 Music Demixing Track Starter Kit · GitLab

Thanks @kimberley_jensen! I’ll give it a try (if I have any submissions left) and see if it works. Otherwise, hopefully someone from AIcrowd can take a look on Monday.

I tried your suggestions via repo you mentioned and it produced the same error.

Looks like it’s waiting until tomorrow for support. At least the competition has been extended.

Hi @crlandsc , our evaluation setup doesn’t work with environment.yml directly added to the repo. If you need to use environment.yml, you need to add a Dockerfile. If possible, avoid environment.yml altogether and directly install cudatoolkit in the Dockerfile/select a base Docker image with the preferred cudatoolkit.

Here’s the base Dockerfile that you need to use

Here’s an example of the Dockerfile being used in the baseline.

Also, please remove aicrowd_gym from requirements.txt.

Let me know if this works.

@dipam Forgive me for the confusion, but the instructions on the webpage are counter to what you are describing here (it even notes that environment.yml is the recommended method):

"SUBMISSION ENVIRONMENT CONFIGURATION
You can specify your software environment by using Dockerfile, environment.yml, requirements.txt and so on. The list of available methods are available here."

So just to be totally clear, do you HAVE to use the Dockerfile? The options also say that you can just use requirements.txt. Why is there an environment.yml included in the starter kit?

Hi @crlandsc

Apologies for the confusion. We are making some changes to our evaluation setup, hence the difference from the documentation provided. However, I understand that since the challenge is ending using environment.yml might be important, hence we’ve added back the support for it.

I’ve made some minor changes to your environment.yml and made a submission. I believe now there is some error for the code to run, please check the logs.

Hope this helps.

@dipam no problem, thanks for updating and resubmitting for me. I ended up creating a dockerfile from the one you shared anyway to test things on my end. Good to know both methods work now.

Working to correct the bug that you noted now.

Thanks!