Question about rounds

Hello,

What’s the difference between separate rounds? Why isn’t the competition just one long round?

BR,
Denis

Hi @denis_vorotyntsev,

Across the different rounds we will be introducing more data, and also we will transition slowly from a simple submission system where we evaluate just the submitted predictions to a submission system where we evaluate the code submitted by participants on some internal test data which cannot be released due to legal constraints.

Hope that clarifies your question.

Cheers,
Mohanty

3 Likes

Will the entrance of round 2 and round 3 be restricted? For example, only 10% on top of the submitters are qulified to enter round 2 and round 3.

@young: No, there are no qualification criterias across the rounds. So all participants will be able to make submissions across all the rounds independently.

1 Like

I have a few follow up questions about the technology for rounds 2 and 3:

• Will we need to create Docker and/or Singularity containers?
  • Will the submissions have access to GPU (and if so, what kind)?
  • What is the maximum runtime, CPU cores, memory available to the submissions?
  • Will the containers have networks access?

I think that’s it, but I’m probably missing some important aspects for other’s models…e.g. if anyone is using software that isn’t containerizable due to licensing constraints like Schrodinger or Matlab :slight_smile:

1 Like

@robert_allaway: That is a good question, and happy to clarify. Please find my responses inline.

Will we need to create Docker and/or Singularity containers?

The submissions will be code repositories with a Dockerfile in it, and we will be building docker images (and subsequently orchestrating them as docker containers)

Will the submissions have access to GPU (and if so, what kind)?

Yes. The submissions can request a GPU (by using a friendly config file), and at the moment we can confirm that all submissions will have access to atleast a NVIDIA K80, but we might be able to also allot NVIDIA V100s (to be announced over the next few weeks).

What is the maximum runtime, CPU cores, memory available to the submissions?

All submissions will have access to 4 CPU cores and 16GB of memory. The maximum runtime has not been decided yet, and will be decided at the end of the first round. A tentative number will be of the order of a max timelimit of 3s / data-point.

Will the containers have networks access?

The containers will not have any network access to prevent any accidental or malicious data leak.

Cheers,
Mohanty

5 Likes

Thanks @mohanty, this is very helpful!