Deadline Extended to 4th November and Prizes Doubled!
A real-world problem like Flatland inspires niche and novel approaches to find better solutions, and this competition is constantly pushing everyone to get creative and learn from each other’s performances.
To increase collaboration and novel problem-solving, AIcrowd is excited to announce the Flatland Community Prize:
Create any form of work that contributes towards a better understanding of the Flatland environment by November 4th to win up to 500 CHF!
Your contribution can be in terms of:
- Notebooks (runnable online on Colab or Binder)
- Data visualizations
- Custom observation builders (see the doc)
- Anything else
There are no constraints on how you wish to present your ideas! You can take inspiration from some works created by previous participants:
My journey of trying DRL to optimize train scheduling by Mels Hakobyan
You can also check out these Master Thesis written in the context of the 2019 challenge:
Of course we don’t expect this level of depth - although we don’t forbid it either
- 1st place: 500 CHF
- 2nd place: 300 CHF
- 3rd place: 200 CHF
4th November 2020, 23:55 UTC
- You must post your explainers on the challenge forum with the tag ‘explainer’, introducing and linking to your contribution.
- The prizes will be awarded as per the discretion of the organizers, and the popularity of the post in the community (based on number of likes ) - so share your post widely to spread the word!
- You can make multiple submissions, but you’re only eligible for the prize once.
- Your work needs to be published under a license and on a platform that allows other participants to use it. For example, code should be provided under an open-source license, and articles should be readable freely.
We’re looking forward to see what you come up with!